Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chair project.

So I'm in a furniture design and construction class this semester at school. The goal of the class is to design and build a piece of furniture within the 15 week semester. My professor basically told the class that its going to be hard to design and finish a seating piece in the time frame. So that scared all of my classmates into making shelving and small coffee tables. So i wanted to designed a chair because I'm hardheaded and shelving/tables are boring to me. My design is a modern take on a shop stool/drum throne. The spherical seating area and bottom base will be made of solid maple. The back rest out will be molded out of maple veneer. The three legs will be aluminum hex with steel solid rod ends similar to adjustable toe rods on a car. The chair itself will be able to move with three spherical polyurethane casters.

0 comments: